MBG Monkeys Representin’
We’re so proud of our members, Emily, Ashley, Nancy, Kelly and Tracy for competing in this year’s Spartan Race in Malibu, CA – an intense international obstacle course that shares MBG’s fitness philosophies.
They did such an amazing job and we’re so happy to have them with us!
About the Spartan Race:
The Spartan Race is an international obstacle racing series with three levels of courses: 3 mile Sprints, 8 miles Supers (Olympic Distance) and 10 – 12 miles Beasts (Ultra Distance) where you will run, jump and crawl your way over a dozen or more obstacles put in your way! Each region gets a taste of our races starting with a Sprint and working up to an Beast. World Championship Ultra will be held annually starting in September 2012 at our now infamous Vermont Beast.
Courses are uniquely designed to test your mental and emotional fitness and push you past your limits. Our races are muddy, creative, and extreme. They will exhaust you and exhilarate you. Race as an individual, as a part of a team or BOTH!
The Spartan Race was built on a code:
• A Spartan pushes their mind and body to their limits.
• A Spartan masters their emotions.
• A Spartan learns continuously.
• A Spartan gives generously.
• A Spartan leads.
• A Spartan stands up for what they believe in, no matter the cost.
• A Spartan knows their flaws as well as they know their strengths.
• A Spartan proves themselves through actions, not words.
• A Spartan lives every day as if it were their last.
- Information courtesy of http://blog.spartanrace.com/about/